"Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back … Maybe, you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be."
~ Carrie Bradshaw.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

"Strange Condition."

Strange condition, familiar crossroads ... Those times where you don't know what you've came for, but you want somebody to know something, and you want to know something in return for that. What? It's not clear, but it's there, sorta like a wordless letter.

Delaney; Our relationship was this wordless letter. There was something I wanted her to know, and I wanted to know something in return. I think she did too, and that's where the communication deprivation began being puzzling and, well ... Frightening. We slipped outta the other's arms and I'm still not sure how, or even why.

I wasn't sure what I needed and wanted to say among everything I dealt with at that time. I had a fried brain, I couldn't think, not even for a minute; I was emotionally/mentally numb. I did that to myself to avoid hurt. I don't think Delaney knew, either. She was stranded in escaping the struggles that she hadn't dealt with.

The distance was quite far. It couldn't even be interpreted as a mechanism to grow closer anymore, but only for furthermore separating from the other, until one couldn't possibly find their way back. There wouldn't any longer be a reason for not knowing what you've came for 'cause you couldn't come at all. And the question, whatever that was, still remains ever-so unclear for the heart and mind. But, now that I think about it ... Maybe I might know what I needed and wanted to say and receive in return. This, too, goes for Delaney...

" ... I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment