"Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back … Maybe, you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be."
~ Carrie Bradshaw.

Friday, November 23, 2012

"Pressing Send."

People say that everything happens for a reason. These people are usually men - And these men are usually sorting through a break-up. It seems that women can get out of a relationship without even a simple goodbye (So I've Experienced), but us men apparently have to get married or learn something from the whole ordeal. Why are we always in such a gold rush to get from confused to Confucius? Do we search for 'lessons' that can lessen the pain?

I'm writing this solely because I found myself doing this after my confusing break-up ... She had her friend break-up with me over a text message. Which inevitably got me thinking as to whether or not she ever really cared about me throughout our seven month journey together. If a commitment has come to its end, it should be concluded in a fashion which honors what you shared. Luckily, I had some close friends who comforted and supported me through all of this in my time of need and searching of answers.

I spent weeks making excuses and concocting theories, all in efforts of lessening the pain and finding closure. Until it had dawned upon me ... Sometimes there are no excuses or admissible reasoning for the poor decision making and judgement of other people. Eventually, I had come to the realization that she's just the common coward, whose priorities are fucked up and needs help. Once I faced my demons and recognized that it wasn't my fault in any way, I was finally free to be me again.
If you're currently in the midst of overcoming a bad break-up with someone you really cared about, but their emotional instabilities got the best of the relationship, see it in this perspective ... Individuals spend too much time finding others they can blame for something, too much energy seeking excuses that can explain the lack of others being what they're capable of being, and not enough energy in putting themselves back up on the line, outgrowing the past, and furthermore getting on with their lives again.

No comments:

Post a Comment