"Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back … Maybe, you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be."
~ Carrie Bradshaw.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

"Laissez Faire : Part Deux"

There comes a point within this thing we call life, where you must rid yourself from pointless drama, and too all those peeps who start it. Surrounding yourself with those who make you laugh, where you begin to forget about the bad, and focus solely on all of the great. After all, life's too short to be anything but happy.
 
"Laissez Faire" was about conforming, losing any and all individuality...
...The vindication for "Part Deux" is my friend, Kim. She's recently an out-of-the-closet conformist. Thus changing her whole repertoire, although she prefers using "reinventing" as the term of choice. Kim's (was?) my best friend cause we're (were) one in the same. Her wicked sense of humor, quite shocking sense of realism and one-of-a-kind intelligence/personality, made her the greatest friend. But, all the winds of change have rearranged everything once known and personally loved about her. Now, Kim's a pseudo intellectual nightmare - Your average everyday, "Let There Be Light" because everything's wonderful bitch. Which, isn't what I bargained for, for the past eight years...
...She "marvels" how I could come to such a conclusion, as "I haven't been actively in her life the last few months" (Ongoing personal issues explain why I haven't been, it's not choice) ... Meanwhile, she lives three blocks away and I never see her reaching out. But, I do converse with her on the telephone for hours on end, frequently. And, I've known the chick practically my whole life, I pick up on things. I questioned her new behavior as I was quite confused. Although I wasn't quite as prepared for the total bullshit I was about to hear...
..."Well, I'm making changes to which I find negative about myself. 'Reinventing', if you may. Peeps change Hals....." Lamer explanations followed. The way she was Pseudo Intellectualizing anything & everything was exceeding what I could handle, I was out. She's a Cookie-Cutter trainwreck, I couldn't take the ramblings of a conformist. It's heartbreaking to ixnay her, but I have no choice. If/When she redeems her old qualities back, I'll heartwarmingly reinstitute the friendship. But, I simply cannot, if she doesn't. I'm the complete opposite of which she's becoming, I'd have to "reinvent" myself and I'm not about that, never will be.

Also, I'm completely not about drama ... Which would be paramount if the friendship continues. Although I'm ridded from drama, there's zilch exquisite about it. But I'm surrounding myself with Annabella (Relationships And The Endless Search) & Molly Dolly (Sex And The Suburbs). Although I'm sometimes aggravated/upset with one of the two, that's completely insignificant. I'm never left second guessing who they are - They are the greatest friends I could ever ask for and I'm everlastingly grateful for them both ... I'm never anything other than happy at the end of the day, and everything's exquisite about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment